Creative Cello Lessons for Children and Teens in Brooklyn, NY
Why choose Brooklyn Cello & Alexander Technique for your child?
- Our students leave their lessons feeling inspired. It's our goal to make sure that each lesson feels fun and enriching.
- We provide clear lesson plans with goals, progress indicators, and performing opportunities.
- Choose from two programs of study: Explorer and Elite.
- We believe in a process-oriented approach to music making where student and teacher work together to set goals for progress and home practice.
Programs of Study
- Explorer Program: Fun, introductory lessons for students who are interested in, well, exploring cello study. They'll learn to play Classical and popular repertoire while also learning the elements of music theory and ear training. All Explorer students participate in collaborative goal setting and receive biannual progress reports.
- Elite Program: The Elite program is designed for students who are committed to serious music study. Students will work on standard cello repertoire, in addition to having weekly theory and ear training homework. Biannual progress exams and summer lessons and/or participation in summer music festivals are mandatory for Elite students.
Nuts and Bolts
- We accept students ages 6 and up.
- We are an intentionally small studio and have a limited number of spots available.
- We offer lessons at our studio at 4th Av and 9th Street in Park Slope. We may have a limited number of time slots for in-home lessons for students living in Park Slope.
- Learn more about who we are here.
Here's what other local parents have to say about us:
"Our daughter has made wonderful progress...and this is all the more amazing given how busy she is, which says all sorts of things about Kirin's ability to teach and inspire…” PF, parent of 13 year old student
“My son really enjoys his lessons with... her teaching is a big part of of his continued interest and improvement in his study of the cello." DG, parent of 10 year old student
"L has had such a great year and truly loves learning from you." JS, parent of 6 year old student